We Are Hiring!
The Chimney Doctor is currently hiring for a full-time Service Technician. This can quite possibly lead to a permanent spot within The Chimney Doctor family as a Lead Technician or Lead Installer.
Do you have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record? Are you willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local law/regulations? Are you willing to submit to a drug screen? Are you authorized to work in the United States? Do you speak English?
Competitive compensation packages available. We do not work Sundays and rarely ever work on Saturdays. As you gain competency the opportunity for additional training, income, and bonuses may apply.
The Chimney Doctor has CSIA Certified Chimney Sweeps on staff and is growing rapidly. We have continually pursued training at regional and national training events and have an opening for a chimney technician. This person must be willing to learn to service both gas, pellet, and wood-burning systems, possess strong technical skills, be punctual, possess great communication & people skills, and have fantastic organizational skills with an attention to detail.
Qualifications & Education
- High School diploma or GED
- College degree preferred
- Current CSIA certification a plus, but not required
- If not certified, and hired on as a permanent employee, certification must be accomplished within 120 days
- Must have clean and valid driver’s license
- Able to pass a drug and background check
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Must be willing and physically able to set and climb a 32ft ladder while following safety protocols
- Must be able to work at heights
- Able to carry up to 80 lb. on the ground
- Excellent communication skills with residential customers
- Able to close a sale
- Must be punctual for all time commitments
- Experience in residential construction or service is a plus
- An understanding of customer service and the service industry
- Strong organizational and documentation abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Positive team-building attitude
- Self Motivated
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect and perform service on customer’s chimneys and fireplaces
- Sweep chimneys, service gas fireplaces and pellet stoves, clean dryer vents
- Provide all services offered within our portfolio
- Punctuality in the delivery of customer’s products and services
- Daily contact with managers to remain informed on customer situations
- Detailed documentation of work performed and customer follow up
- Detailed and accurate generation of estimates depending on the position
- Diligent in learning best chimney repair practices and techniques
- Code & Industry Standard requirements and certification requirements
- Required to follow company safety guidelines and standards
- Provide active participation in training, workshops, and meetings
- Provide input and feedback to manager on goals and progress
- Daily education of customers and clients
If you’re interested in joining our team, click here to submit your resume!