Water Problems? Our Chimney Leak Investigation & Repair Pros Will Solve Them Fast
Every year, your chimney will face storm after storm, and each storm brings its own threat of chimney leak and water damage. Unfortunately, many chimneys aren’t properly defended against the threat of water, which is why concerns about leaky chimneys make up a large portion of the calls we get.
So what should you be on the lookout for? Here are some of the telltale signs that alert homeowners to leaks:
- cracks, gaps, and holes in the mortar joints of the chimney
- spalling or flaking brick on your chimney
- cracks and holes in the chimney crown
- pooling water or rust stains in your firebox
- a dripping sound in your fireplace during a storm
- rust stains down the chimney, roof, or siding of your home
- water stains and water damage on the walls or ceilings near your chimney
Resolution Starts With A Thorough Inspection
Is your chimney set up to win the battle against water or have leaks already sprung up? To find out whether your chimney is up for the challenge or to identify if and where water is already making its way into your chimney, schedule a chimney inspection with a Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA)-certified chimney tech.
During an inspection, we’ll evaluate every readily accessible area of your chimney, check for water damage or signs of water entry, and make sure your chimney cap, crown, flashing, and masonry are in great condition. We’ll also make recommendations for repairs (if needed), and let you know what can be done to prevent future water problems. But one thing’s for sure, no matter where your chimney leak starts, we’ll finish it.
Our team specializes in repairing, rebuilding, and waterproofing the three most vulnerable areas of the chimney:
We use high-quality products from ChimneySaver, like CrownCoat, CrownSaver, FlashSeal, and ChimneySaver water repellent. Each is designed specifically for the chimney and, when professionally applied, provides years of protection against chimney leaks. Here’s a little bit about each of the waterproofing and repair products we use:
- CrownCoat & CrownSaver are waterproofing products specifically designed to seal cracks in the crown (the cement slab atop your chimney stack), keep hairline cracks from growing, and prevent water from entering and causing more damage to this area. When professionally applied, CrownCoat carries a 15-year warranty, while CrownSaver offers water protection for a full decade — guaranteed.
- FlashSeal is a flexible waterproofing product that can be brushed onto the flashing (the metal at the base of the chimney and the roof where they meet) to seal water out of this vulnerable area for 7 years.
- ChimneySaver water repellent is a 100% vapor-permeable, non-glossy masonry waterproofing product that provides 10 years of protection against popping, cracking, and spalling brick and mortar joints; efflorescence; staining; mildew; and fungus — guaranteed.
We’re Here To Help!
When it comes to water protection, the chimney needs a little help — and with The Chimney Doctor, help is never far. We can make repairs — minor or major — and help put your chimney leak worries to rest for good.
Call 970-234-3330 or reach out to us here on our website to request an appointment with one of our experienced and friendly chimney leak investigation and resolution experts today!