For years the chimney industry has dedicated itself to eradicating air quality issues while keeping our customers safe and warm in their homes. At The Chimney Doctor we are concerned with protecting your home, it’s air quality, your family’s health, and will continue to strive to make it a comfortable place for you and your family during this time.
Our mission, in general, is to serve you and help assure your home and family are safe. As such we want to be available to do so if you still desire to have us perform work or an inspection in your home. To the extent we can while keeping our employees and customers safe we will continue to operate through the COVID-19 outbreak. All outgoing calls will be discontinued for the time being and only incoming calls will be taken. If you are in remote areas farther away from our office we may have to put you on a waiting list until enough work is present to justify a trip.
We are monitoring the situation regularly and will follow all recommended guidelines by appropriate authorities and will make adjustments as necessary. This may affect services offered in the future, even jobs already on the schedule and we apologize for any delay or frustration this may cause, but in the end, we do not want to compromise your safety. After all, at The Chimney Doctor, we are first and foremost your premier safety company.
During our downtime, we will be working to educate our employees electronically on proper safety protocols and allow them ample time to continue learning and pursuing certifications in our industry and ultimately to help assure your continued safety.
For more information on the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the CDC website here
To help protect you as well as our employees we have implemented the following policies:
- If any of our staff, or a member of their family at home, is sick in any way they will be on sick leave for 14 days or two full weeks. No employee will be allowed to come to our office, or go to a job if they or anyone in their home is sick.
- Office staff will work from home as much as possible during this time and surfaces in our office will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- Our trucks are being sanitized as I write this and will be regularly sanitized as we move forward.
- Staff will not be collecting signatures on reports during this time and you will be billed or invoiced electronically. If you would like to provide a check you may do so.
- Where possible our staff will keep a 5-6’ distance from any customer.
- Runners, drop cloths, gloves, breathers, and shoe booties will be used as needed. Our HEPA filtered vacuums will help to assure indoor air quality and the safety of your family.
- Technicians will not shake your hand, give fist bumps, or elbow touches, and while in your home will wipe down anything we will touch upon arrival and everything we have touched upon departure.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding at this time and hope the virus does not affect you or your loved ones during this trying time.
Please let us know if we can be of any assistance and know that we are striving to put your safety first in all that we do.
Daniel Freeman – Owner